It's been quite awhile since my last post. In those weeks in between I've delved deeper into the "stay-at-home" mom lifestyle. Evan and I are slowly getting into a daily routine, with most of our time being spent eating, changing clothes/diapers and playing together on the couch. I especially love our time just smiling back and forth at each other. It's definitely the highlight of my day.

Last week we put our daily routine on pause by taking a trip to Pennsylvania to spend time with family and friends. Fortunately, it happened to be my favorite week in Central PA: the 4th and Arts Fest. I have such great memories of this exact week from my 23 years of living there: the follies at SPRA, going up to the fireworks with my family and friends, buying my mom birthday presents at Arts Fest and capping the week off with The Earthtones on Sunday night. My summers in State College were wonderful, so it was very special for me to share it with Evan. Although he is much too young to even know what was going on, I enjoyed having him by my side. I especially loved our time together on the 4th. As the fireworks lit up the sky, Evan sat contently in my lap, eying the colors and shapes. For 45 minutes, we sat cozily and made a new memory together. I already can't wait for next year when he'll be "ooing" and "ahhing" on the 4th.
Of course the best part of the trip was introducing Evan to more of our friends and family. He finally met Brett's brother and sister-in-law, as well as my aunt. I introduced him to Simmi, my oldest friend in the world whom I met when we were three. He met my close friend, Burns at Arts Fest. Aside from the heat, Evan enjoyed his stroll with her through downtown State College. On our last day Brett and I introduced him to Kira, one of the most special people in my life. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Evan smiled nonstop at her. We even had the chance to stop in DC on our way home to see our good friends, Aaron and Meredith. Aaron is the first of Brett's close friends to meet Evan, so I know this was special for him. A & M have a 5-month old nephew named Evan, so obviously they were naturals with ours.
I feel so lucky to share my child with the people I love the most. Up until last week I felt as if people were missing out on seeing him, but I feel much better about this now. Of course there are still many important people that he has yet to meet, but we made quite the dent during our trip. Hopefully with the next introductions we won't have to travel 475 miles. That car ride is another post in itself!
oh i love this picture, it should be in a magazine somewhere. love it, love it, love it.
ReplyDelete