When I used to daydream about the things I looked forward to most about having kids teaching them how to swim was pretty high up there. On top of it being probably the most important skill you will ever learn in life, it also makes for great socializing. The bulk of my adolescent and teenage years was spent at the pool or swim practice, hanging out with my best friends for hours on end. In the summer, I would arrive at Science Park pool early enough in the morning that the dew would still be on the grass, as the mist swept over the water. I would stay there all day until night practice began, when the mist would form once again and the sun went down for the night. It was home, sometimes more so than my actual home. When I think about my upbringing in a small Pennsylvania town, my days of swimming at the pool are what first come to mind. So when I found a mommy and me swim class that fit into our schedule, I jumped at the chance to introduce Evan to the water. Luckily he seems to love it just as much as his mom. In just three weeks he's already learned so many great skills. He can put his face in the water, go under, and slightly blow bubbles (this one might take some time!). Watching all of these things is thrilling for me, especially as I see a huge smile on Evan's face. He's having fun and that is icing on the cake! He also loves the other "guppies" in his class and their mommies, who have been so wonderful and fun. Brett and I just signed up for a summer pool membership in our neighborhood and I am just giddy thinking about all the fun we'll have with our little fish.

Adorable... so glad Brett was there to take some photos. Summer will be so much fun now that Evan likes the water!
ReplyDeleteso cute and LOVE the name of your new blog!! hugs to the little man :)
ReplyDelete