Later that day we all celebrated with a construction zone party in Evan's honor. Emily, Josh and Jackson joined the fun. Even though he didn't taste the cake that I worked so hard on, Evan loved being sung to and opening his presents. He especially enjoyed so much play time with Jackson, as they both tried out some of Evan's new toys, including a lawnmower from Nana and Papa and a big dump truck from Mimi and Pappy.
On his official birthday (a very rainy birthday, I might add) we enjoyed a special pancake breakfast, followed by some much-needed R & R as we watched Evan open more gifts and play in the living room. He was so interested in everything, especially his shiny new tricycle.
Later that evening, Brett, Evan and I shared our most special moment of the weekend. We felt the need to treat him to something sweet on his big day since we knew he wouldn't eat any of his birthday cake. So, we took him to one of those frozen yogurt shops with all the flavors and toppings along a wall for you to make your own sundae. Evan was so happy as he devoured his strawberry/cookies and cream concoction. I think it's the image I will most remember from his 2nd birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment