Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meron

This past weekend, Brett and I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of our good friends, Aaron and Meredith. It was held in a beautiful part of New Jersey, filled with rolling hills and old farm houses. The entire weekend was a real treat, as it allowed us to spend time with close friends (ones who know my husband as Mook and question it when someone calls him Brett) and enjoy the luxuries of a gorgeous golf retreat. Between the pool area and grounds, we lived the good life for about 24 hours. The shower in our bathroom was half the size of our dining room at home. I almost got lost shampooing my hair. 

Back to the weekend. Many hours were spent swimming, telling stories, and sipping cocktails by the golf course. The wedding itself was simply beautiful and had so much personality to it, complete with a tuba and goofy hats during the reception. I would expect nothing less from the bride and groom, as they are two of the most endearing and fun individuals I've ever met. It is impossible to not feel good inside when you are around Meredith and Aaron, or Meron as I so often call them. They bring out the best in everybody. The four of us have loads of fun together, sometimes taking day trips and sometimes doing nothing but sitting on the couch drinking beer. I'm so thankful that Brett and Aaron became good friends all those years ago and that the friendship has expanded to include their wives. I can only imagine all the good times to come as we enter this next phase of our lives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment