Sunday, August 23, 2009

Master of Bathrooms

It's been awhile since my last entry. In that time, Brett and I successfully completed our master bathroom remodel. And when I say "Brett and I", I mean he did all the dirty work and I picked out the accessories and decor. Not exactly hard labor on my part, but still an essential component of remodeling any room.

So it's been finished for a few days now and I have to say that walking into my new and improved bathroom is quite refreshing. I no longer get the feeling that it belongs to someone else or that it isn't new and clean. In fact, I think we have a little retreat on our hands now. True, the space is small and doesn't boast a large soaking tub or double sinks, but it's chic, colorful, and fresh. Most of all, it's a major step up from its previous dull, stuffy existence.

Kudos once again to my handy husband for all his hard work over the past few months. When I showed these pictures to my dad over the weekend he questioned, "Are you sure Brett didn't miss his calling?" I laughed thinking about my husband being a full-time contractor. He's much too creative for that. But at least I can take pride in knowing that I married a man of many talents.

Anyway, here are the before and after shots. The first photo was taken when we toured the house in April of 2008. (Notice the tacky clock on the countertop.)

               
                               

1 comment:

  1. Look at that bathroom! What a marvel of craftsmanship. Whoever did that is a genius!

    ReplyDelete