Our entire visit with Jen, Brian, Colin and Erin was relaxing and so much fun. Each morning I awoke with excitement at the thought of playing with Colin for countless hours and watching his face light up with joy. I couldn't wait to cuddle up with Erin and watch her open and close her eyes. And the idea of just hanging out with Jen and Brian was ideal and exactly what we needed at the end of a long day looking after the kids.
The best part is that our time with their family made me and Brett even more excited for our own baby's arrival, which I didn't think was possible. We left the Twin Cities giddy at the idea of bath time, reading books, and singing the theme to Wonder Pets nonstop. Even the idea of wearing clothes with spit-up on them excites me right now. Obviously it won't all be a walk in the park, but I'm pretty sure we'll manage okay. Plus, I was peed on this weekend and I barely flinched. That has to count for something, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment