Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our next project

I had been keeping a big secret since my last post that I knew I would want to write about, but just didn't want to reveal via this little blog that is read by about four people. Five at most. So now that the cat is out of the bag, I can officially begin one of many entries about the baby that is on its way to 4 W. Bayberry Court. 

So I always knew I wanted to be a mom, from the ripe old age of five really, when I first began playing with Cabbage Patch dolls that my dad brought back from a trip to Germany. They were my "babies" and I looked over them night and day. I used to stuff one up my shirt and pretend to be pregnant, and ultimately give birth on my twin bed. I had quite the imagination. And now that this dream is becoming a reality, I am slowly getting ready for everything that is to come. I know it won't be easy and I know it will test every bone in my body, (specifically while I'm trying to "squeeze a watermelon out of my nostril"...that's how they put it in 9th grade health) but this is one challenge that I eagerly invite. I truly cannot wait to meet our child and love him or her to pieces.

In keeping with the theme of this blog, I have spent many hours thinking about the nursery. Wall colors, bedding, lighting, window treatments....it's all been running through my head for weeks (okay, months) now. If Brett and I have learned anything over the last 15 months of home ownership, it's that we love remodeling rooms and turning a gloomy, outdated space into something beautiful and cozy. And if any room should require all of our attention, in my opinion, it's the room where our baby will rest its head every day and night. I want the room to be perfect in every way and be comfortable for not only our little one, but also for us, as I know we'll spend countless hours rocking him or her to sleep in that very room. 

Until we find out the sex next month, I will continue to brainstorm and search the web for ideas. I have already found so many fun and inspiring nurseries online, which we can hopefully emulate. I figure with Brett's handyman skills and my eye for detail, we should be able to create something special. Now, if we can just teach Chafie that the nursery is no longer his playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment