Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mini Mook's Pad

Since my husband has been done with school for about a week now, he's been hard at work on the baby's room. Each day when I get home from work, I look forward to seeing the progress he has made since I left him that morning. And each day, he has plenty of progress to show. We knew that our "dream" nursery would take a lot of time and effort, and so far, I think we're both beyond thrilled with the outcome. Even with just a new coat of paint, it already feels so much fresher. Of course there are still about a dozen things to do, like finish the walls, have the carpet cleaned, and set up the furniture. But with an overprotective husband, I have very little hand in these tasks and will likely spend my time making some cool artwork for Mini Mook's walls.

So far we have had the best luck with finding great furniture (at a great price!), bedding, etc. It helps that we did extensive research and comparison shopping beforehand. I recommend this to anyone preparing a nursery, as it makes things much easier in the end. 

I wondered if decorating a baby boy's room would be as much fun as a girl's, but it has proven to be my most favorite project ever. Just thinking about our little man laying in his own room brings a smile to my face. Obviously he won't appreciate it or the hard work that his mommy and daddy put into his room, but just knowing that he's cozy and safe is enough.

I imagine it will be a month or so before I make the big reveal, so in the meantime, take a look at the adorable mobile we bought for his crib. I just love the plush turtles, paired with navy and lime green. It makes for a fresh, springtime feel, which is perfect for our April baby!

1 comment: