My good friend, Christy got married in Gettysburg and I was so happy to be able to make it up to Pennsylvania for her big day. Because I haven't been feeling all that well lately, I was getting worried as to whether or not the trip would be possible. The idea of a long car ride while dealing with my rib pain was a bit excruciating. Luckily, for those few days I felt great and was able to enjoy my time with Brett and our friends. The wedding was beautiful and so much fun. Being with some of my closest girlfriends was exactly what the doctor ordered. Just laughing and catching up turned out to be exactly what I needed right now. Even if just for a few days, it allowed me to forget about some of the stress back here in North Carolina. Most of all, it felt comforting to be around people who love me and support me unconditionally.

I wish I could see these girls, as well as all of our close friends, more often. At such a special time in your life, it's only natural to want to be around the people who truly know you so you can experience the joy with them. One of my girlfriends at the wedding just happens to also be pregnant, so it was exciting to see her and "introduce" our boys for the first time.
Congratulations to Christy and Jesse! Not only was their wedding a beautiful occasion, but it also gave me back a little something that I think I lost over the last few weeks: perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment