Monday, November 21, 2011

Evan Takes Manhattan

New York is one of my favorite places in the world. Some of the best memories I have happened in that city. Brett knows all about my love for it, so when he found out that he would be traveling to NYC for business, he knew that I'd be kicking and screaming if I had to stay home. Luckily for me, my husband was one step ahead and had already planned on making it my birthday present. So, this past week we spent three perfect days in The Big Apple. Having the chance to introduce Evan to something I love so dearly was a pretty special experience. He got the proper introduction, too, including a trip to the top of the Empire State Building, a carousel ride in Bryant Park, a slice of real New York pizza, a stroll through Central Park, and playtime at FAO Schwarz. On top of taking in the sites and enjoying some of the city's great food, we also found time to see friends and family. Evan finally met Kathryn, one of my oldest and dearest friends. We made the trek downtown to Tribeca one evening for dinner. Our time together was perfect and full of laughs. Evan immediately loved Kathryn, which I predicted. We also spent a fun-filled day with my aunt Mary Ann, who lives just outside the city. This was not just Evan's first time meeting her, but mine too! (Long story!) We had a great day together at the Museum of Natural History. Evan loved the dinosaurs and African mammals, while Mary Ann and I loved watching him run around with curiosity. The three of us had the best time together and it's a day I'll treasure forever. The entire trip was full of cherished memories and it only made me love New York more.





No comments:

Post a Comment